WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF HOMEWORK?
- Working at home helps to develop a child’s self-discipline and self-motivation for study.
- Homework reinforces skills learnt at school and provides further practice.
- Learning spellings, tables and maths facts increases children’s speed of recall.
- Homework helps children to appreciate the value of learning and study.
- Year 6 homework prepares children for the discipline of secondary school homework.
- Homework emphasises the partnership between home and school.
We are aware, however, that children need a balance of work and play. We expect the children to work hard when they are at school and also believe that they need time when at home to play, chat and relax with their family. With our homework schedule we have tried to help you form this balance. To help you support your child all homework will be set on a Wednesday and collected on a Monday.
|Homework Booklet for Parents||[pdf 72KB]|
|Y1 & Y2 Suggested timetable||[pdf 16KB]|
|Y3 & Y4 suggested timetable||[pdf 16KB]|
|Y5 & Y6 suggested timetable||[pdf 16KB]|